Friday, December 8, 2017

Let the Wind Devise Secrets and Leave Them in Trees

Let the Wind Devise Secrets and Leave Them in Trees

Denice and I went to a Art Adventure Camp in Madison during the summer of 2017 which ultimately proved to be a little underwhelming for us so enough about that.  But...the good news is that I started this piece at that workshop, completed it at home, and it went on to The Art Bar in Milwaukee where it sold.

Here is the process:

At home and at the workshop I did a collage in the style of my teacher Andrea Matus deMeng in an old kitchen drawer I had laying around in my basement.

The collage

I painted the drawer in the style of my teacher Michael deMeng

Here are some close ups of the details:

A doily for the neck wear

A drawer pull for the irony

A watch part for the headdress

Detail painting

The piece is called Let the Wind Devise Secrets and Leave Them in Trees and is from the poem From a Litany by Mark Strand.

The piece was juried into The Martini Girls (Marcia Houde Hero, Debbie Callahan, and Marcia Hochstetter) 5th annual show:  Steampunk Junque at the Art*Bar, 722 E Burleigh St, in Milwaukee. The piece hung in the month of September and sold at the show.



No comments:

Post a Comment