After a trip to the basement for parts, I decided these would be the base elements for the piece.
The trike needs a steering wheel for my purposes, so I found this plastic piece which I assume is an artificial flower frog.
And, because this is me--off with the baby head! I found this possum skull that seemed the right size so on it went.
Both of these items were attached with Aves Apoxie Clay. Because I am working at home and do not have workshop anxiety, it afforded me the opportunity to let the attachments dry for 24 hours. This makes a big difference as I will admit, that on previous occasions, in my haste things have flopped off because it does take a good cycle to have the clay really set. Painting after a few hours OK; twisting and bending not OK.
Once a day had gone by it was time to see how the piece would look assembled. I decided that the piece needed another caster on the back to help with the look. Eventually I will also add an extension on the front that includes a hand and an eyeball. But what I really thought would unify the whole effort was to add something akin to a dinosaur's spin to run from head, across the back and out to form a tail. So I reached for the Aves Apoxie Clay again.
The next step for me on this piece was to unify everything with color so I started with a little caulk on the whole piece and then a coat of Titanium White.
One more last minute addition: a big old floppy tongue made out of Aves Apoxie Clay. Then I painted this little guy up. Here is the final product:
So, after 5 hours and $15 worth of junk, I had Speed Decayer. The last picture is how you will see him if he ever passes you on the highway going realllllllllllllll fassssssssst.