Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Punk Fiction, Part Two: A Gathering of Angels


Here is the start of the second book I began in Michael deMeng's on-line workshop, Punk Fiction.  The workshop is being offered in two parts:  covers and then interiors.  The idea is for us to prep a few books on the outside so that we are ready to do the inside.

I am too impatient.  This book is not going to wait but rather be made as one piece that does NOT open.  

One of the other things that is happening is that the original theme or title of the book is now giving me the themes for the pieces.  In this case, the title A Gathering of Angels is a no-brainer.  The first step is to create a niche through the cover.  My original intent was to re-use the cover art but that was quickly abandoned.



This old photo was selected because it was designed perfectly to be altered with paint.  


The exterior of the book got a coat of lace, DAP, rusting solution, and two metal adornments.  


The back of the book needs some attention as well.





Destroy thy mother.  


And I said unto her, Thou shall abide for me many days;  thou shalt not play the harlot, and thou shalt not be for another man:  so will I also be for thee.  


Your daughters shall commit whoredom, and your spouses shall commit adultery.  





And so, A Gathering of Angels is done and set aside.

No comments:

Post a Comment