Thursday, May 14, 2015

de Meng de Los Muertos Siete

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Breakfast for me was at 7:00 a.m. and then I went into the workshop to get some work done.  When we went out for lunch today I got to get some more street art photos.


Back in 2012, while I was walking around, I met this retired cop from Fort Collins, Colorado, USA.  I could not believe I ran into him again.  He is a spirited individual who is a gas to talk to and I was glad we had this chance encounter.  
















After a little lunch in a sandwich shop, it was back to the workshop.  My piece is getting more political the longer I stay in Oaxaca.  The issues of the dead students has relied me up so I decide that the exterior of my box is going to be painted as best I can like barbed wire.


After working all day we stroll down to the zocalo.  Dia de Los Muertos is really beginning to crank up on this Thursday and that means comparsas and costumes galore.



















Dinner tonight was at TR3S Bistro on the zocalo.  To get to the restaurant we climbed a flight of stairs that gave us an aerial view of the teacher's strike and the vendors who have filled the center of the city.  





After all the evenings fun, I went back to the workshop and worked until 11:30 p.m.  Late at night, the studio can be a lonely place.



View all the photos from this trip at 





No comments:

Post a Comment