Monday, September 2, 2024

2024 09 We Dance From Memory Because It’s Here On Loan



Occasionally when I am junking my wife Denice is along and I use her as a soundboard. When I saw this piece in an antique store while we were shopping I initially rejected it because of the price. But when I pointed out its potential to Denice she encouraged me not to leave it behind.

It was easier to take the Pitt Space Heater apart then I thought. Because collage was the goal from the minute I saw this piece it was necessary to prepare the metal surface to take paper. 



The space heater's floral central element was another feature that attracted me to this structure.









Thus we have We Dance From Memory Because It’s Here On Loan. The title comes from a poem called The Art Of Clay by Duane Niatum. It is 17"H X 14"W X 11"D. It is made up of a Pitt Corporation Space Heater, Paper and Paint.





No comments:

Post a Comment