A few weeks ago I created the Violinosaurus Rex and shipped that down to the Wustum Museum in Racine (WI) for a show called Creature Comforts: a RAM Community Art Exhibition.
I guess I miss the little dude because I decided to start another dinosaur from a musical instrument and this time up it is the ukulele.
Having been through the process once before, the engineering of this should have gone smoothly but it appears that each project will create its own challenges based on the size of the instrument, the angle of the body and the base I choose to use.
This time around I measured everything up very carefully for the legs, drilled the holes in the base and clayed in the rods. Then I discovered they were too far apart. So I had to splay the legs differently on this project and ultimately I think it gives this creature a squatter, lower look that I kind of like.