Monday, August 29, 2022

2022 08 Milwaukee Irish Fest, Set Up and Day One




I am one of the four thousand plus volunteers that works with CelticMKE and Milwaukee Irish Fest to put on one of the world's largest outdoor Irish music festivals.  While I love being a staff photographer, I show up on the Milwaukee Summerfest grounds on Monday morning at 8:00 a.m. to work until 5:00 p.m. on Thursday to make sure the festival is ready to go. 

My main grounds job as a volunteer:  I cover the tables with plastic table cloths. I work with Decor and our Commander, Dale Larson. The Skirting Crew consists of me, my brother-in-law Donnie Gorectke, Dale's wife Robin, Robin's son Wesley Jacobson, Phil (Porkchop), Jeff and his two daughters, the plucky couple of Carrie and Dan and Casey. It takes that many people to cover the thousands of tables before the festival starts and then come in each morning of the festival to rip off the damaged ones and replace them with fresh. We do work hard but it is a blast. 

Once the festival opens, I am on the Photography crew led by Scott Trezise. The photography crew also consists of Scott's daughter Kenzie, Katherine, Dalen, Amy, Chris and Frank. The festival is open four days and our job is to time stamp the event for the Irish Fest Archives and the media office for the festival. When our Irish Fest duties are fulfilled at a stage, we can take all the photographs we want from the best seats in the house.

Enjoy the photos. All the rest of the photos from this day can be found at Irish Fest Day One.

Clare Sands






Lisa Canny















Mike Hanrahan



Boxing Banjo




Bridin


Red Hot Chili Pipers









No comments:

Post a Comment