Monday, October 24, 2022

2022 10 Where Is the Burning Match That Will Set Me On Fire

I had a chance to teach a class at Shake Rag Alley in Mineral Point, WI, this September called Gary's Flea Market (see this blog to learn more about that experience). While it was not my objective to construct something usable during the workshop, I did have to demo on something when I tried to show various techniques to the workshop.

Here is what I gathered when I demonstrated the audition process


Talking about foreground, middle ground and background concerns

The results of setting your substrate on fire

At the end of the workshop everyone set out their work at their spot

This is as far as this untitled workshop demo got in three days

Once I got home, it took a few weeks for me to get back to work on this one. Here are the results:


At home I added some wire fencing to the side of the box to represent the burnt forest. 







Thus we have Where Is the Burning Match That Will Set Me On Fire. 33"H X 13"W X 13"D. Wood Box, Cresent Metal Sprinkler, Metal Bear Head, Metal Lamp Stand, Wire Fencing, Metal Fire Truck, Metal, Alarm, Rust Dyed Cloth, Paper and Paint. The title comes from a poem called Heart by Rupi Kaur.





No comments:

Post a Comment