It may be slightly sad that I can remember where some of my "finds" come from but on this particular occasion I decided to use an old, worn out and very dirty window I had rescued from a great barn sale I went to.
While it might have been cool to figure our a project which utilized the dirty and grime, I decided that I would clean up the window and use it as a substrate for a collage.
Now it comes time to audition the collage.
While this initial layout is good, you will notice that over the process it keeps changing in the fine details.
The first step on the window was to lay down a coat of black gesso to be the background. Then I did some painting to get the night sky effect I thought I needed.