Saturday, December 31, 2016

Krampus Exchange with the Michael deMeng Workshop Junkies

For the first time I joined the annual Krampus exchange with the Michael deMeng Workshop Junkies.  This creative group of people meet at various locations and on-line to be trained by the man I call Master, Oh My Master.

In a weird coincidence, my Krampus was sent to California to Lois Inman Engle who was busy making and sending this Krampus to me.  Thank you, Lois.

Photo by me

Photo by Lois

Photo by Lois

My Krampus started with a Slim Jim advertising mug that I bought at an antique store in Cedarburg, WI.


With some Aves clay I was able to Krampus up the face and add the needed horns.



Then comes the fun part:  layers of paint.


It was at this point that I realized I might have created a Krampus paint brush holder for Lois so I decided to add some Paint Brushes Gone Bad in the style of Master, Oh My Master.



And so, to all my exchange buddies and the very special Lois--Happy Holiday Season!

1 comment:

  1. When does the exchange get announced? I've not seen it. Would love to participate. We met in WI when you organized the class with Michael. I just signed up for Mineral Point this year. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete