Thursday, April 28, 2022

Now You Invent The Boat Of Your Own Flesh And Set It Upon The Waters (Updated)


I have a lot of things in my basement. A lot. However we made a trip recently to a St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store and I came home with a board and two candleholders.

Off we go.









Thus we have Now You Invent The Boat Of Your Own Flesh And Set It Upon The Waters. 

The title comes from the poem, "Where Are The Waters Of Childhood?" by Mark Strand. It is 36"H X 12"W X 11"D. It consists of a Wood Board, Boat Candleholder, Sun Candleholder, Doll Hand, HO Figures (20), Numbered Nails (19) and a Shell. 

UPDATE

When I went to put this piece of art away after photographing it, something bugged me. After sleeping
on it I decided to do some revisions to satisfy what I thought was lacking in the first version.

A small detail but I painted this flag red

To help the boat stand out on the sea, I added a wake

To the mast I added a flag and some rigging

The view when it is hung on the wall


Thus, again, we have Now You Invent The Boat Of Your Own Flesh And Set It Upon The Waters.



No comments:

Post a Comment