Wednesday, October 11, 2023

2023 10 A God Self-Slain On His Own Strange Altar

This piece was started in Creating Expressive Figures taught by Kate Church from October 1st to 6th, 2023.

My project was inspired when my fellow classmate Ruth brought me this bird figurine from Crazy Frank's Flea Market because she thought I could do something with it.

Ok, that is a challenge. 

A large polymer clay face modified from a mold Kate gave us

The face went on the bird before it was fired in the oven

I added a door knob and some nails then mounted the bird on this piece of rainbow wood

From Kate's stash I selected this tin to make the wings for the bird

I used plaster cast and paint to create the wings on the tin, plus a paint brush tail

This is as far as the project got at Shake Rag Alley

Here is the project after I finished it at home









Thus we have A God Self-Slain On His Own Strange Altar. It is 10"H X 8"W X 12"D. It consists of a Bird Sculpture , Polymer Clay Mask, Wood Rainbow, Drawer Pull, Nails (9), Plaster and Paint. The title of this piece comes from the poem A Forsaken Garden by Swinburne.






No comments:

Post a Comment