Sunday, December 29, 2019

A Slight, Slender Physique

Natural Philosophy by Wayne Bertola

A Slight, Slender Physique

As an assemblage artist, it is possible on occasion to see the work of other assemblage artists and to be motivated. This happened to me this week when I went to the Thelma Sadoff Center for the Arts in Fond du Lac, WI, to see the wonderful assemblages by Wayne Bertola. Here are four works by Bertola.






Unfortunately, there is not much information about this artist on his own website and the exhibition only had a business card to lead me to that. What I was hoping is that I would find out that Bertola is teaching within driving distance of my house next week but that did not happen. I am slightly encouraged by the fact that he lives in Chicago and maybe, someday, we will cross paths.

I came straight home and went into the stash in my basement to find the ingredients to do a work in the spirit of Bertola's art.

Two drawers and a vintage accounting book

A vintage photo in a metal frame




 

And, thus we have, A Slight, Slender Physique with thanks to Wayne Bertola. 



No comments:

Post a Comment