Sunday, March 22, 2020

2020 03 Her Idea of Going to Heaven Probably Did Include Some Wild Storms

Her Idea of Going to Heaven Probably Did Include Some Wild Storms



In these time where we are feeling confined in our homes by the worldwide crisis, the advantage of being a hoarder of art supplies, assemblage parts and collage images means I can get to work on whatever I feel like.

This time, I felt like doing a collage in an assemblage box. It started with this old wood box I found in my stash--it had the obvious place for a collage to appear.


Here is how the collage came together. 






Despite its worn age and wood beauty, I decided the box needed to be painted black. 


Now the time came for adding things like this wood trim and all the things shown below in their final grace. 





And thus we have. Her Idea of Going to Heaven Probably Did Include Some Wild Storms. The title of this piece comes from an essay by Emma Donoghue titled You and Me from Light the Dark: Writers on Creativity, Inspiration and the Artistic Process edited by Joe Fassler.


No comments:

Post a Comment