Tuesday, July 4, 2023

2023 07 In Recent Years There Has Been a Wholesome Revival of the Ancient Art of Storytelling

 Yesterday Denice and I were walking in our neighborhood when we came across two things. By the freeway bridge we walked over we found what I think is a part of a brake rotor, rusty and laying in the road. 

The metal piece got a coat of spray primer when we got home

Later on the walk, by the park for the Fourth of July celebration tomorrow the County had parked a dumpster that neighbors began to fill with stuff from their homes that they were too lazy to carry to the dump. Yes, I dumpster dived and found this little cabinet door.

There were two but one stubbornly remained out of reach

While walking home, I happened to hold the two together and an idea sprang up in my mind.


Image transfer

In addition to the rust dyeing on this handkerchief, I tinted the sewing


Thus we have In Recent Years There Has Been a Wholesome Revival of the Ancient Art of Storytelling. It is 14"H X 12"W X 1"D. It consists of a Cabinet Door, Rusty Brake Remnant, Rust Dyed Handkerchief, Nails (3), Paper and Paint. 




No comments:

Post a Comment