This September I will be teaching a workshop at Shake Rag Alley in Mineral Point, WI, called Time Is On My Side. The workshop is based on everyone using a clock body. While technically not a clock body, but rather a clock face, it still is within the spirit of the upcoming workshop.
The substrate for this project is an old wood trim piece. I got it ready by covering the central part of the substrate with pattern paper.
I have been to Oaxaca, Mexico, a number of times and I cannot tell you how many times I have photographed this work of wall art. For what I decided as my theme, this image is the perfect one and I send my thanks to the wall artist who painted it.
Lately I have been using resin quite a bit and this project was no exception. I wanted the photo to look like it was under water and the resin worked well to do that.
I decided to use resin again on the bottom of the work to create a sea.
This wood airplane propeller works for me as a boat propeller.
This cool old rusty toy boat became the perfect addition to the piece.
This wood trim piece makes a great top for the project.
Thus we have Of Seas Where Hardly I Exist, Except To Kiss You More. This title comes from the journals of Leonard Cohen under the title Homage to Rosengarten. It is 31"H X 22"W X 6"D. It consists of Toy Metal Boat, Wood Panel, Clock Face, Wood Trim Decoration, Wood Propeller, Turtle Jewel, Photograph, Washi Tape and Resin.











No comments:
Post a Comment