Monday, June 19, 2023

2023 06 Laura Lein-Svencner at Shake Rag Alley

Laura Lein-Svencner

I took the workshop Floating Collage Composition Big & Little with the instructor Laura Lein-Svencner from June 15-18, 2023, at Shake Rag Alley in Mineral Point, WI. 

This was a four day workshop and here is the class description: "Collage is about paper, glue, and surface. This workshop will have us loosening up and creating our own unique papers. Everything you hold in your hand is a tool and learning to use them on the surface of found papers to create a new palette is what we will do first. We will explore mark making, stamping, stenciling, and so much more. After creating our own palettes, the fun doesn’t stop. The edges of the papers will be the most important aspect of our collage making. As an added experience a small series will carry on into a collection of compositional studies. Because our surface for the collage will be wood, we have the opportunity to add nails, tacks, threads, and dangly bits."


Laura's Class Samples







Laura's Class Demos 



My workspace

Papers I made: day one

Papers I made: day two

Work by my fellow classmates











Work by my art buddy Karen Robison






I had a great and very creative time this weekend. I made seven pieces, none of which are done at this point. As I finish them I will post the results so you can see what a great teacher I had. Thanks, Laura and as always, thanks to Shake Rag Alley and the staff. 






1 comment:

  1. Thank you Gary for the full spectrum of the workshop, the work everyone made was awesome.

    ReplyDelete